Our Instructors are experienced and fully qualified, and committed to helping our Members develop into well-rounded Martial Artists, confident individuals, and most importantly, contributing, responsible members of the community.
We provide quality instruction in a safe environment, and aim to cater to your goals and needs, whether they relate to health and fitness, competition, self-defense or self-development.
In keeping with the highest standards of Martial Arts qualifications, all Monash University Kickboxing Club Instructors have attended the Martial Arts Industry Association (MAIA) Accreditation Course, and are either accredited by the MAIA or are currently undergoing accreditation.
The MAIA is the peak industry body for Martial Arts in Australia, and the MAIA National Martial Arts Instructor Accreditation Scheme (NMAS) is a government-recognised accreditation scheme (like the NCAS accreditation).
MAIA Accredited Instructors have completed the Martial Arts Unit of Competency as certified by RABQSA (under International Standard ISO 17024 by the Joint Accreditation Scheme Australia and New Zealand), and must comply with the requirements, standards and conditions set by the MAIA.
As an MAIA Accredited Martial Arts Instructor, Kickboxing Club Instructors are bound by the MAIA National Code of Practice for Martial Arts Instructors and the MAIA Risk Management Policy.
- Chief Instructor: Kacey Chong (MAIA Accredited Martial Arts Instructor)
- Senior Instructor: Robert M. Halaijian (MAIA Accredited Martial Arts Instructor)
- Instructor: Zheng Chong (MAIA Accredited Martial Arts Instructor)
- Instructor: Fam Chong (MAIA Accredited Martial Arts Instructor)
- Apprentice Instructor – Level 1: Angelo Perera (undergoing MAIA Accreditation)
- Apprentice Instructor – Level 1: Anthony Lam (undergoing MAIA Accreditation)